Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Circles of Hell




I just sent this to my mom about this blog post: http://www.dooce.com/2012/10/22/after-school-special

If you haven't read anything by Heather Armstrong (Dooce) I strongly recommend her blog. I've followed her for over 10 years and think she's brilliant. She's certainly not for everyone but her voice speaks for many and she brings attention to many great topics from depression, parenting, 3rd world issues, and the wonderful lives of dogs (or those of humans with dogs). In any case, her post regarding her 2nd grader's homework is one of honesty and worth sharing!
Mom,
This is a post by a blogger I read regularly and have for over 10 years. She’s a year younger than me and is raising two daughters while juggling the responsibilities of parenting and working from home. She’s a brilliant writer though somewhat unfiltered and crass at times but has been named as Forbes Magazine’s 26th most influential woman in media. See: http://www.forbes.com/2009/07/14/most-influential-women-in-media-forbes-woman-power-women-oprah-winfrey_slide_27.html What I most appreciate is her perspective and honesty. This is a post she had recently (today I believe) and I thought I’d share it with you because…well, it’s true.

Also, you should know that she’s a former Mormon but her mother is still practicing so that should help you through the Celestial Kingdome reference. It’s their Heaven and they have multiple levels of heavens to reach according to their actions here on Earth (Terrestrial Kingdom).

I have felt the pain she writes about, will continue to experience such pain, and if there is an example of redemption on Earth it’s certainly when your own children enter parenthood. My message to you is this: Mom, please enjoy your redemption, a heaven of sorts for you. For me, there’s a circle of hell involved but that’s another writer though he was never honored by Forbes but was probably referenced by them often.

Love,
Angela

Who needs Hallmark when you have the internet and can reference Dante? And really, what are the odds any Hallmark card would cover material like parenting as well as a parent with a mommy blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment